- Gisborne - East Cape
- 40 hours a week
- Live in
- Au Pair needed for 3 boys: 9yr, 8yr, 3 in Wainui Beach, Gisborne
B9 & B8 are active little boys who love being outside, swimming, reading, and dancing. B3 is very active and loves books. The family are active but easy-going and fun to be around. Here are some of the things they get up to: making sand-castles and body-boarding on the beach, swimming, going on safari's on the kids grandparent's and brother's sheep and cattle farm, kicking around a soccer ball, jumping on the trampoline, making paper aeroplanes, playing the piano, going to the movies, having backyard BBQs, feeding the ducks at the park, going scootering around the town boardwalk, having picnics at different locations, reading, traveling to new places on the weekends, going out to dinner and having friends around for lunch and dinner.
Often the parents travel, so often it is only one of them that is home to help, which is why they would like the extra help. They have hosted au pairs before and have developed a wonderful relationship with them.
An advantage of being with this family is that they are a happy, positive, active, well travelled, respectful of other cultures, and fun to be around. They have many friends and family in Gisborne who would embrace you.
Your accommodation would be be staying in their beautiful beach front house on Wainui Beach, only 10mins from the heart of Gisborne. You would have access to a car and have a nice bedroom with a beautiful view. Family also would be going back and forth between their beach house and the farm house (with lots of animals - they all love animals) owned by their wonderful parents. The farm is 30mins drive from the beach house, also beautiful, and where you would also have a room to sleep in and lots of good local NZ experiences.
B9 & B8 will be attending school during the week between the hours of 9am – 3pm (they walk to school as it is just across the road), and B3 attends daycare from 8:45am - 3.15pm.
So we need help between the hours of 7 - 9.30 & from 3 - 7pm (breakfast, drop off B3, house tidy, grocery run); and in the evenings (boys activities, dinner prep, help around the house). Family also need 4 hours flexi time possibly on weekends.
- Someone who is kind, responsible, clean, enthusiastic, active, and can help with the logistics of looking after 3 kids.
- Plenty of experience with and cares deeply about young children.
- An excellent driver with a clean record
- Is interested or enthusiastic about cooking
- Is tidy, and happy to do housework
- Is flexible to do other interesting and fun jobs to help the household
- Is friendly, energetic, and fun to be around
- Is a very clear communicator and very direct about your thoughts/needs
- Is very open-minded and readily gives us advice and opinions about the children's needs
Some additional helpful bits of information:
- A cell phone will be provided on request
- Free national and international calls from the home
- Family has wireless.
- A spare car will be available that you can use, with gas paid for during working hours.
- The car can be used around Gisborne during the weekend too. Family highly encourage the au pair to make the most of their stay and meet other au pairs for weekend fun, and family will do their best to help with that!
- Start date
- Finish date
- 6 - 12 months
Please note: if this button does not open your email program or you prefer to use a web-based email application, please send an email to email@example.com, with the subject line 'I am applying for Job 19198'.
Please attach your CV and any relevant documentation to support your application.
If you are not a Rockmybaby® member, you can register here: