- Queenstown - Queenstown
- 60 x hours per week. Sundays off.
- Live in
- To be confirmed
- We have an opportunity for a full-time live-in Nanny/Domestic Helper position in a private household. The family consist of two adults and one son, aged six.
The family are currently based in Queenstown, however due to international and domestic business interests are often required to travel. The family are looking for someone who is able to travel internationally with them, occasionally at short notice and often for long periods of time, and also who is able to stay and take care of their son and home when parents need to travel offshore.
The role is approximately 60 hours per week, with Sunday being your day off. However, they require someone who is flexible and available to be on call at short notice and work outside normal work hours when required.
The role requires someone who is mature, responsible, and trustworthy. You will need to be a non-smoker, in good health and with a clean police record. The successful candidate should be suitably qualified with a stable track record of relevant previous work experience. A minimum of at least two years of relevant work experience working in Nanny and domestic help roles is essential.
The family require someone who is able to fit in with the family and is able to work independently.
The right person for the role must have the following key attributes:
- Love children and be enthusiastic about assisting with their learning.
- Be positive and hard-working.
- Be fun, loyal, and motivated.
- Be a good cook of a range of healthy food and can follow recipes.
- Be organised, professional, flexible and able to adjust at short notice.
- Be able to travel internationally for extended periods of time.
- Undergo a police check and be able to provide references.
- Have a valid passport.
- Be fluent in speaking, reading and writing in English.
This position encompasses a combination of housekeeping (cooking and cleaning), nanny/childcare duties, other domestic duties and personal assistance to two busy professionals.
Key responsibilities include:
- Cooking breakfast, lunch and dinner for the family six days per week.
- Managing our B6's daily routine.
- Dropping off and picking up B6 from school.
- Assisting B6 with homework and taking him to any after school activities.
- Engaging/interacting with B6 by reading to him and playing stimulating games.
- Manage housekeeping budget and grocery shopping.
- Cooking for dinner parties as often as twice a week and managing guest requirements.
- Household chores, such as cleaning etc.
- Laundry, including washing, ironing and weekly linen changes.
- Gardening as required.
- Pet care i.e., walking dog, feeding and vet visits.
- Feeding and caring for families chickens together with cleaning of the chicken coop.
- General property management and overseeing trade work as the need arises such as window cleaning, plumbing, electrical work etc.
- Taking home and business related phone calls, delivering messages, organising postage and couriers where required.
- Diary and appointment management where required.
The family will offer competitive remuneration and other benefits. Full drivers licence required.
- Start date
- Finish date
Please note: if this button does not open your email program or you prefer to use a web-based email application, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, with the subject line 'I am applying for Job 22733'.
Please attach your CV and any relevant documentation to support your application.
If you are not a Rockmybaby® member, you can register here: